Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Random Encounter Tables

I was asked recently about the random encounter tables I use. For wilderness encounters, I usually use "Miscellaneous Mishaps: The Great outdoors" from Dragon 259 and "Miscellaneous Mishaps: Roads & Rivers" from Dragon 275 both by Dawn Ibach. Both require the use of Monster tables however, and mine can be found here or in the downloads section. I did use some of the basic charts from the B/X RC, but the actual tables themselves are variants of the kind suggested in the DMG.  Currently, as my campaign is in a temperate zone without cities, deserts, or oceans, I haven't bothered creating any tables for those regions. If someone is looking for a more complete version, let me know in the comments and I'll see what I can do about posting them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, after years of gaming I finally understand how usefull the encounter tables are. The Monstrous Manual could do a better job at helping DM's prepare their sessions in that sense.
    Meanwhile, I invite you to visit my jab at the AD&D2.0
    http://yarivandelswondrousjourneys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete