Coins: For every GP worth of coins spent you gain 1 XP. This XP is only gained by spending money on certain things however, depending on your class:
- Everyone: Buying/stocking strongholds/lairs. Money spent above and beyond the bare minimum necessary on hirelings. Commissioning works of art. Buying high quality equipment(such as fancy clothes and jewel encrusted swords forged by a master bladesmith). Note, if it's a "use" item(like spell components that get used up by the spell) it doesn't count for XP.
- Fighters: Coins spent partying, and spending money on repairs for their own weapons and armor.
- Mages: Spending money on research(both spell and other, as long as it's arcane or history related)
- Clerics: Tithing beyond 10% as well as spending/donating money for religious works.
- Thieves: Coins spent partying and on bribes, connections, information gathering, or "burn equipment"(equipment being used to pull of a single heist or assassination that will then be dumped).
Goods/Livestock: Food, valuable materials, and trade goods are all worth XP! Treat these as gems for how to gain XP.
Art Objects = You only get XP for art objects you keep. You DO lose XP if you liquidate Art objects for cash/gems.
Magic Items = You only gain XP for magic items if you make the magic item(though you may gain XP for overcoming and destroying cursed items). You may give away magic items for XP.
Next time: Doing Your Job(Individual Class Awards).