Still finding it hard to breathe, but here is some content to hold people over.
Requirements: Str 12+, Con 9+, Wis 13+, Cha 17+
Prime: Str, Con
Alignment: CE only
- The Anti-Paladin is Immune to Fear
- The Anti-Paladin receives a +2 bonus to Saves.
- The Anti-Paladin possesses an Aura of Fear. All those entering it, must make a Save vs RSW or be affected as per the Fear Spell. The save is penalized by 1 pt for each mutation the Anti-Paladin Possesses.
- The Anti-Paladin starts the game with a single mutation. If mutations are rolled for, the Anti-Paladin gets to roll twice and the player can pick the better result. Additional mutations can be gained during play as a reward from his patron for major accomplishments.
- The Anti-Paladin gains a corrosive touch 1/day. Objects touched should make an item save vs. acid or be corroded and destroyed. Liquids should foul and turn poisonous. Living creatures should be afflicted by a weak poison of some kind(determined by DM, but type K or P would be appropriate).
- At 4th level, the Anti-Paladin may quest for a demonic companion.
- At 9th level, an Anti-Paladin with a Stronghold attracts a body of fighting men exactly like a Fighter, but all the men attracted are of CE alignment.
- At 9th level, the Anti-Paladin gains the ability to cast spells, just like a paladin. His spheres of access are Combat, Healing(reversed), Necromantic, and Sun(reversed).
The limitations of a Anti-Paladin include:
- The Anti-Paladin must sacrifice a number of living creatures to his patron each month. This can be HD per level or even a percentage of his XP in HP depending on what is appropriate. This is why a lot of Anti-Paladin take up lives as slavers.
- The Anti-Paladin may never turn down a direct challenge. By and large, as long as the blood and souls flow, the demonic powers he serves don't give a rat's ass about him. They do however expect their champions to be the strongest(as they rule through strength and intimidation), and as such, they may never turn down a formal challenge. The Anti-paladin is totally allowed to use any dirty, underhanded tricks he wants, but he has to accept the challenge.
- The Anti-Paladin must remain chaotic evil. His patrons aren't as stickler over violations as the forces of law and good are(after all, the road to the abyss is often paved with good intentions), but an Anti-Paladin who changes away from CE does lose all his non-mutation powers. His former patron is also likely to send Anti-Paladin aspirants after him to regain what goodies the character may still possess. Then again, there's a good chance the Anti-paladin's demonic companion may just pull him straight into the abyss to have a chat with his former boss.
- The resurrection survival chance is reduced as if the Anti-Paladin had a con score half(rounded down) what he actually does. His patron is loathe to give back useful souls.