Sunday, May 8, 2011

"Family" Campaign

   Ever since last September and the infamous Were Rat adventure, My SO and her father have been asking about playing a campaign again. Last week we were finally able to get an IM service on his ancient computer, and we were able to give actual serious thought to the campaign. We're probably going to actually start playing sometime in the next couple of days.
   My SO is playing a Human Thief from a city to the far south named Teyana. Her dad is playing an as yet unnamed Cleric. He had to run out to do some shopping, and thus we were not able to finish his character last time.
   The picture above is the player's map of the local campaign region where the game is going to take place(hence a lack of scale). Macsen's Keep is the location from Keep on the Borderlands. The campaign is probably going to start at St. Kelvin's Bridge, the first actual settlement north of the Keep along the Stone Road.
  The game we're using is going to be very rules light. I've removed gnomes and half elves as playable races(for now at least), and the only playable classes are Fighters, Mages, Clerics, and Thieves. No proficiencies are being used. For actual play, I'll likely be using group initiative with very few modifiers as I'm wanting to keep the game fairly simple.
  I'll try to have a play report up within an hour or two after the first session ends unless you, my readers, are opposed to the idea.

In other news, I've almost finished the rough draft on a revised version of the World Building article series I'd been posting on here back in November - December. I'll likely be posting parts of it for PDF download on the miscellany column to the right by the end of this week.

2 comments:

  1. In the interest of full disclosure, I completely looted those maps from Elsewhere. Sources Include: Cleric's Challenge 2, Return to the Keep on the Borderlands, Mine Your Own Business(Dungeon #85), and Hunt for a Heirophant(Dungeon 63)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really dig that map. It looks like there are some great places to explore.

    ReplyDelete